National DD-Robocon 2019
IIT Delhi, India
June 16, 2019 (Sunday)
v Winner and Awards of DD-Robocon 2019
v To see the photos: Click here
v To watch videos of the games: Click here
The ABU Asia-Pacific Robot Contest” (ABU Robocon) is an annual robot competition organized by Asia- Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) since 2002. ABU Robocon 2019 is scheduled to be organized on 25 August in the city of Ulanbaatar in Mongolia. The winning team of DD-Robocon 2019 will represent India in Mongolia.
Brief Contest Schedule (Download “General Info” for details)
June 14, 2019 (Friday): Arrival and Registration
(Transportation will be arranged from New Delhi and Hazrat
Nizamuddin stations only)
June 15, 2019 (Saturday): Practice (About 10 mins in each color field. Exact schedule will be available upon arrival)
June 16, 2019: Preliminaries, QFs, SFs, and Final
June 17, 2019: Departure (Drops to above two stations will be made)
For those who are coming early or leaving later, they may like to contact NAMMS (Mrs. Kapoor: 9810 065 266) for accommodation, and MANN (Mr. Ashwini: 9891 398 914 or 011 2356 111 or 9990 222 999) for their transportation at their own risk.
Transportation of Registered Team Members and their Robots on June 14 and 17, 2019
Volvo busses are arranged for the registered team members (as per the list sent by the college authorities during the registration and payment) to be picked up from New Delhi/Hazrat Nizamuddin station as per each team’s travel plan on June 14, 2019. Since Delhi has NO ENTRY for any kind of luggage carriers like Tempo/Truck, etc. during 9:30am to 6:30pm, we will bring your robots to IIT Delhi using the storage spaces of the Volvo bus (45-seater). See photos below. Your packed boxes should not exceed 36 ´ 36 ´ 36 inches. The Volvo 45-seater bus can accommodate 4 boxes of the above mentioned dimensions along with 8 numbers of luggage (international luggage size standard that is 27 ´ 21 ´ 14 inches). If you cannot conform to the above dimensions for your robots, you have to wait till 6:30 pm in the railway station until “No Entry” ban is lifted. For any difficulty and planning, please contact Mr. Yashwant Prasad, 090660 32872. The same arrangement will be made during the dropping to the station on June 17, 2019. Kindly inform your train departure time when you arrive on June 14, 2019 at the registration desk. Please note that each team has been a Team Associate who will be your one-point contact to get any information/help, e.g., your accommodation arrangement, etc. Some of them may have already contacted you. Their list will be soon be made available to you as well. Kindly cooperate with them.
Accommodation during June 14-17, 2019 (3 nights only)
Accommodation to the paid registered team members (including faculty) is arranged at IIT Delhi hostels. Hostel allotment will be informed upon arrival at the Registration Desk on June 14, 2019 in Lecture Hall Complex (LHC). A mattress, a bedsheet and a pillow will be provided. Meals are also arranged in the hostels. NO food will be available in the game area. Teams are requested to bring enough door locks with them. For those who are arriving New Delhi before June 14 and leaving after June 17, 2019 may contact the hotels listed here with rates approved by IIT Delhi.
The organizer of DD-Robocon 2019 and the Screening Committee of Stage 2 consisting of judges and experts from various institutes/colleges thank all the 54 teams for participating in Stage 2 who were shortlisted from 86 teams based on their Solution Ideas.
To see the results of Stage 2 of DD-Robocon 2019, click here.
National DD-Robocon at IIT Delhi Details
1. Each qualified team MUST fill up the Participation Form () upon a payment of Rs. 30,000 (which includes accommodation and food of team leader plus three members in IIT Delhi hostel) plus Rs. 3,000 per person for any additional members.
2. Each participating team requires to upload a certificate from the Director/Principal/HOD with their signature in original with seal (Click here for the format).
3. Participation Form should be filled and submitted by May 19, 2019 (Sunday) for successful participation on June 16, 2019.
4. For the members of each participating team, accommodation and food are arranged in the IIT Delhi hostel during June 14-17, 2019 (3 nights).
5. Each qualifying team MUST also fill up their travel plan by filling up another form () for their pick-up and drop from two nearby stations only (New Delhi and Hazrat Nizamuddin).
All payments MUST be paid using the payment gateway ().
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Technical Report required in Stage 2?
Ans. No Technical Report is required in Stage 2 but read “Stage 2 Details” carefully.
2. What if there are some changes in the number of team members after registering?
Ans. You cannot add any new member after you registered and paid by the last date. In case, somebody cannot make to DD-Robocon 2019 we are really sorry.
3. In a scenario like a team member is not opting for accommodation will he/she gets a certificate?
Ans. Those students whose names were provided by the institute/college authority and uploaded are eligible for the certificate provided they participate during the competition days and show their college I-card. Every participant MUST carry their college I-card along with the registration badge which will be checked during registration on June 14, 2019.
4. When the practice field will be available?
Ans. See Brief Contest Schedule above
5. Is there faculty accommodation along with the team members?
Ans. Yes, it was arranged in the hostels provided they registered along with the team members and paid. Sorry, no separate accommodation is available for the faculty members. If they have not already registered with their team members and paid we will not be able to provide any accommodation.
6. Will other students be allowed to watch DD-Robocon 2019 from participating universities?
Ans. Not in the contest arena. It was mainly due to large registrations by the teams. Sorry for the strictness. However, we are trying to work out video feed of the games in a separate lecture hall or web. If it materializes then one can enjoy the games without being in the game arena physically.
7. When the registration will be done at I.I.T Delhi?
Ans. Upon arrival on June 14, 2019. The exact venue will be informed soon.
8. Transportation facilities to teams not coming to 2 stations we have mentioned on websites. Some could not find train tickets. So they are planning to come by bus.
Ans. Sorry, you have to arrange to come directly to the Registration venue of IIT Campus on June 14, 2019. Exact details will be informed later.
Sponsorship Opportunity in National DD-Robocon 2019 at IIT Delhi
Platinum: Rs. 10.0 lakhs (10 reps free + 3 stalls)
Gold: Rs. 5.0 lakhs (5 reps free + 2 stall)
Silver: Rs. 3.0 lakhs (3 reps free+ 1 stall)
Bronze: 2.0 lakhs (2 reps free + 1 stall)
Logos of all sponsors in banners and publications (Size of Logos may vary with the type of sponsorship)
Stall size: 2m x 3m
Power Supply/connection: 1 point per stall
Lunch and teas
Interested sponsors may kindly write to the email below.
In Association with The Robotics Society (TRS) in India
More Details will follow. Till then KINDLY bear with us! Have a happy preparation for the DD- Robocon 2019!